Sunday 4 May 2014

Tour of Sufferlandria 2014: The Wrap-Up and Final Thoughts




Nailed it! Tour of Sufferlandria 2014 Summary:

Total Number of Days: 9
Total Number of Rides: 11
Total Number of Miles: 166.12
Total Time: 710 minutes (11.8 hours)
Total Number of Swear Words Uttered: several (OK, many. Maybe lots. And lots)

I decided to rank The Sufferfest workouts I did during the Tour according to my favourites for anyone interested in trying them out. (Keep in mind that these aren't all the workouts that The Sufferfest offers, just the 11 that I did over the past 9 days. Also, I really like all these workouts so "least favourite" is very relative).

From Favourite to Least Favourite:

1.  It Seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time. Yes, it's long. Brutally long. But for anyone wanting to try just one Sufferfest workout, this is the one I would recommend. It has a little bit of everything plus great music and footage. I'm not sure how often I'll do this one in its entirety but I plan on using parts of it often.

2. Blender

3. Violator

4. The Wretched

5. Extra Shot

6. Hell Hath no Fury

7. Angels

8. The Hunted

9. Revolver

10. A Very Dark Place

11. Rubber Glove. Like I mentioned in my review, I actually liked a lot of things about Rubber Glove. But I hated (with a passion) that they cut away from the race footage for a ridiculous amount of time to show omelette girl. (I think I may need some counselling to get over this. I don't know why I can't just let it go.) Without omelette girl (or at least with a heck of a lot less of her) Rubber Glove would be sitting in 7th or 8th place.


And now I'm ranking the workouts in terms of difficulty, from least difficult to most difficult. Keep in mind that they're called The Sufferfest for a reason and that even the "easiest" is still  challenging. Also keep in mind that I'm ranking the difficulty as someone who's in pretty good shape and who's been spinning 2-3 times a week for the past year.

From Least Difficult to Most Difficult:

1. Extra Shot. As I stated in my review, the difficulty of Extra Shot depends on how you use it. As is, it's not too difficult because it's only 20 minutes long. But used as intended (as an add-on to other Sufferfest workouts), it becomes a lot harder. But for someone wanting to try the "easiest" Sufferfest, this is the one to try.

2. The Wretched

3. Rubber Glove

4. A Very Dark Place

5. Blender

6. Hell Hath no Fury

7. The Hunted

8. Angels

9. Violator

10. Revolver

11. It Seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time. The difficulty of this one is mostly due to its length (just under two hours). It definitely requires strength and endurance and knowing how to pace yourself.

And now, in celebration of my completion of the Tour of Sufferlandria 2014, I leave you with the non-Sufferfest minions acknowledging my accomplishment, just because this GIF always makes me smile: 





No comments:

Post a Comment