Sunday 11 May 2014

Studio Sweat on Demand



I just had to share this website because I'm really excited about it. Studio Sweat on Demand is a fantastic website that offers spinning and TRX workouts. The link is here. You can sign up for a free
7-day trial (although with the free trial you're limited to about 8 workouts to try) or get an All Access Pass for $19.88/month (or $198.88 for a year). The All Access Pass gives you access to 100+ workouts in 13 categories, such as TRX, TRX & Spin, Spin & Sculpt, Spin & Core, Straight Up Spin and, my personal favourite, Speed Spin. The categories are pretty self-explanatory--TRX & Spin combines spinning with TRX work, Spin & Sculpt has you jumping off your bike for strength training intervals, etc.

All of the SSOD workouts I've tried so far are a lot of fun and pretty tough--they range in length from 30 minutes (TReXpress, Speed Spin) to over an hour for some of the Straight Up Spin and Spin & Sculpt classes.  There's about a dozen different instructors to choose from and each have their own style, quirks and personal music selections (so far, my favourite instructor is Cat, who also happens to be the founder). The classes I've tried the most are the Speed Spins and the ones I've tried definitely rival The Sufferfest in terms of intensity. There's a lot packed into the 30-40 minutes: climbs, jumps, sprints and hovers. In addition to the spinning classes, I'm loving the TRX workouts. I've had a TRX for a while but didn't really know what to do with it so having SSOD offer fun, motivating and challenging TRX workouts along with spinning is an awesome bonus for me. I definitely recommend checking out SSOD.

4 comments: