Saturday 1 February 2014

The Sufferfest and Tour of Sufferlandria 2014

 
  
   So in my introductory post I mentioned how boring spinning can be. Enter The Sufferfest.

   The Sufferfest workouts are downloads that can be purchased here. Per their name, they're tough and super intense workouts that will leave you begging for mercy. They use real race footage, awesome music and humour to get you through the suffering. So much so that they actually become fun and addictive.


    To give you an idea of how hardcore the workouts are, here's The Sufferfest logo: 



   You may not actually bleed from your eyes (but it's a possibility) but you'll still suffer. It's in the title, after all. The Sufferfest motto is I Will Beat My A** Today To Kick Yours Tomorrow (IWBMATTKYT). I prefer the slightly less hardcore but more polite (I am Canadian, after all) version that several other of my fellow Sufferlandrians have suggested: IWBMATTKIAT (I Will Beat My A** Today To Kick It Again Tomorrow). 

    The man in charge in Sufferlandria is Grunter von Agony. He spouts nuggets of wisdom such as "the only way to endure the suffering is to embrace the suffering" and "move faster." He has minions in his employ. 



    No, not that kind of minion. Although that would be fun and adorable, it wouldn't be too motivating. Instead, I imagine his minions look more like this: 



   The minions "encourage" you in your pursuit of suffering. They poke you with pointy things and threaten you with boiling oil. (But they do it with love). 

  Each year The Sufferfest offers it sufferers (I mean fans) a challenge: several days of back-to-back rides to separate the Sufferlandrians from the Couchlandrians. The Tour of Sufferlandria 2014 ran from January 25-February 2. I did it for the first time this year and I'll finish it on-schedule tomorrow. The suffering has been intense but oh-so-worth it. I've kept track of my progress and I'll start posting my thoughts and reviews of each stage over the next few days. Sufferlandrians, rise!


4 comments:

  1. Awesome, Sue. I am becoming interested in spinning because I love the higher intensity workouts, but I feel like my knees' days are numbered for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue you are a true inspiration!!! Keep on spinning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue... you are indeed inspirational, keep going on your fitness journey

    ReplyDelete